· Has just celebrated its 75th anniversary and the success of our 47th Annual
Book Sale which allows us to financially give support locally, nationally and internationally
· Has been recognized by the Annapolis Valley Music Festival for our continued support
by naming the new Elementary School Choir plaque in our honour.
· Was delighted that the winner of our last CFUW Dr. Marion Elder Grant Fellowship
$11,500), Miriam Avadisian, Ph.D. (Chemistry) candidate, was the speaker at the Charitable
Trust Breakfast at the National CFUW Meetings in June.
· Participated in the National CFUW initiative on Preventing/Responding to Violence
Against Women and Girls through our Issues Group programs/discussions/action
· Supported Chrysalis House (a women’s shelter) as our International Women’s Day
· Initiated and supported the submission of the Annapolis Valley Regional Library
(AVRL) for the 2014 CFUW $4000 Library Award which was won by the AVRL for the summer
S.T.R.E.A.M. program for youth
· Recognized Julia Whidden, a Master’s Degree student at Acadia, who won the 2014
CFUW $8000 Memorial Fellowship
Visitors are always welcome at our meetings, We meet at Manning Chapel Hall, Acadia
University, Wolfville, N.S. usually on the fourth Wednesday of each month, September
through May starting at 7:15 pm. See our "Coming Events" page for details of this
Wed., Dec. 10 at 7:15 pm, Manning Chapel Upstairs. Program: Musical Offering
- Charlotte Embree - Readings by Diana Bishop - and a Christmas Carol Singalong.
Social hour to following in the Chapel Hall (downstairs).
WARMEST AND BEST WISHES FOR A MEMORABLE CHRISTMAS and EVERY BEST WISH FOR A HAPPY,